23 5 / 2014
The extra notes saying things like “LOL this is great” or “THIS” that get reblogged along with the meaningful content
Usage coined by tehawesome and me
I never fully understood the need for that extra line on a popular post. Like, you should know a post is funny without that last line of someone going “adsfa;dslfjadfsl i’m dying right now i can’t even!!!!” And yet I’m sure those lines are helping the post’s popularity because it’s a strong indication that someone really enjoyed it and you might want to give it a little more attention.
23 4 / 2014
A hipster argument in which one person does not understand what a hipster is
- 1: "Ugh, this is such a hipster neighborhood."
- 2: "This is NOT a hipster neighborhood."
- 1: "Look at all the park space! Tons of trees and shade."
- 2: "I mean, yeah, but that doesn't make it a hipster neighborhood."
- 1: "It's obvious! Just look at the ground! Twigs everywhere. I bet the hipsters are using them to build their dumb hipster nests."
- 2: "Is 'nest' slang for something I don't know about, or... ?"
- 1: "And can you hear the hipsters cawing their weird music from the trees? Fucking hipsters."
- 2: "Those are birds. You're confusing hipsters with birds."
- 1: "Call them what you want, I just don't like hipsters. I mean, sure, it's cute when a baby hipster hatches from an egg, but-"
- 2: "Nope, not hipsters. Definitely birds."
- 1: "Whatever, let's find your car and get out of here before hipsters peck our eyes out, like in that Alfred Hitchcock movie The Hipsters."
- 2: "Pretty sure that movie was called something elseOH GODDAMN IT, I parked my car under this tree and now there's bird shit all over it."
- 1: "Fucking hipsters!"
- 2: "Fucking hipsters."